The 9/11 Forum

Intelligent and evidence-based discussion of 9/11 issues

Skip to content

v

Welcome
Welcome!

Our vision is to provide a home to sincere 9/11 researchers free from biased moderation and abusive tirades from other members.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which only gives you access to view the discussions. New registration has been temporarily enabled; take advantage of it!

9/11 Legal Action -- At Last!

Analysis of fire and collapse theories and examination of related evidence.

9/11 Legal Action -- At Last!

Postby kawika » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:40 pm

There is a dedicated team assembled, ready to make the legal challenges.

First step-- Sign this petition
Second step-- Share widely
Third step-- Please support this team

https://www.change.org/p/attorney-gener ... 11-at-last
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Re: 9/11 Legal Action -- At Last!

Postby DGM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:10 pm

The title of this thread implies that legal action is now ongoing. Is this true (I see no link to any proceedings) or is this just more of the same?

I guess the question is, What makes this campaign diferant from all the previous?
DGM

Postby kawika » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 pm

There is a FEMA/NIST FOIA suit underway at this time, with plans to expand.

This campaign is the first general announcement to make people aware of the Committee's goal.
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Postby DGM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:32 pm

kawika wrote:There is a FEMA/NIST FOIA suit underway at this time, with plans to expand.

This campaign is the first general announcement to make people aware of the Committee's goal.

Do you have a link to details on the FEMA/NIST FOIA suit?
DGM

Postby kawika » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 pm

DGM wrote:

Do you have a link to details on the FEMA/NIST FOIA suit?

You have been served.
http://foiaproject.org/dc_view/?id=3467 ... 991-docket
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Postby DGM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 am

Thanks.

I'd actually forgotten about this, It's not exactly new. He's basically asking for nothing specific, he wants everything, hundreds of thousands of pages. Not typical for a FOIA request. If memory serves the NIST/FEMA complaint is due to cost and necessity due to most of the documents are already released in published reports. I think in the end the judge will ask Cole to specify what he wants that has not been already published.

That's my understanding but, if you have further insight I'd like to hear it.
DGM

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

DGM wrote:Thanks.

I'd actually forgotten about this, It's not exactly new. He's basically asking for nothing specific, he wants everything, hundreds of thousands of pages. Not typical for a FOIA request. If memory serves the NIST/FEMA complaint is due to cost and necessity due to most of the documents are already released in published reports. I think in the end the judge will ask Cole to specify what he wants that has not been already published.

That's my understanding but, if you have further insight I'd like to hear it.

I concur, the case is basicly already over.
Chainsaw

Postby SanderO » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Is the basis for this FOIA to obtain docs that are not specifically identified? Is this a global request or a request for specific documents which were not made public? If so.. what are those documents?

My sense is that the truther guys believe NIST is keeping critical information (documents) from the public... information which would lead to different conclusions that those presented as the official narrative of the collapse. These documents are results of "experiments" or information from other sources such a architects, engineers, testing labs, job logs and the like.

If it's a global request... let's jae the whole ball of wax... I doubt the FOIA will be granted.
SanderO

Postby DGM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:32 pm

The link above documents the request and reasoning for not supplying the documents. In a nut shell its just too vague of a request (nothing specific) and involves hundreds of thousands of pages ( I believe just over 450K) and the costs involved in doing so would be too large for no real reason. This started in November of 2015.
DGM

Return to WTC7