The 9/11 Forum

Intelligent and evidence-based discussion of 9/11 issues

Skip to content

v

Welcome
Welcome!

Our vision is to provide a home to sincere 9/11 researchers free from biased moderation and abusive tirades from other members.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which only gives you access to view the discussions. New registration has been temporarily enabled; take advantage of it!

9/11 Legal Action -- At Last!

Analysis of fire and collapse theories and examination of related evidence.

9/11 Legal Action -- At Last!

Postby kawika » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:40 pm

There is a dedicated team assembled, ready to make the legal challenges.

First step-- Sign this petition
Second step-- Share widely
Third step-- Please support this team

https://www.change.org/p/attorney-gener ... 11-at-last
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Re: 9/11 Legal Action -- At Last!

Postby DGM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:10 pm

The title of this thread implies that legal action is now ongoing. Is this true (I see no link to any proceedings) or is this just more of the same?

I guess the question is, What makes this campaign diferant from all the previous?
DGM

Postby kawika » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:21 pm

There is a FEMA/NIST FOIA suit underway at this time, with plans to expand.

This campaign is the first general announcement to make people aware of the Committee's goal.
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Postby DGM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:32 pm

kawika wrote:There is a FEMA/NIST FOIA suit underway at this time, with plans to expand.

This campaign is the first general announcement to make people aware of the Committee's goal.

Do you have a link to details on the FEMA/NIST FOIA suit?
DGM

Postby kawika » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:02 pm

DGM wrote:

Do you have a link to details on the FEMA/NIST FOIA suit?

You have been served.
http://foiaproject.org/dc_view/?id=3467 ... 991-docket
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Postby DGM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:01 am

Thanks.

I'd actually forgotten about this, It's not exactly new. He's basically asking for nothing specific, he wants everything, hundreds of thousands of pages. Not typical for a FOIA request. If memory serves the NIST/FEMA complaint is due to cost and necessity due to most of the documents are already released in published reports. I think in the end the judge will ask Cole to specify what he wants that has not been already published.

That's my understanding but, if you have further insight I'd like to hear it.
DGM

Postby Chainsaw » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

DGM wrote:Thanks.

I'd actually forgotten about this, It's not exactly new. He's basically asking for nothing specific, he wants everything, hundreds of thousands of pages. Not typical for a FOIA request. If memory serves the NIST/FEMA complaint is due to cost and necessity due to most of the documents are already released in published reports. I think in the end the judge will ask Cole to specify what he wants that has not been already published.

That's my understanding but, if you have further insight I'd like to hear it.

I concur, the case is basicly already over.
Chainsaw

Postby SanderO » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Is the basis for this FOIA to obtain docs that are not specifically identified? Is this a global request or a request for specific documents which were not made public? If so.. what are those documents?

My sense is that the truther guys believe NIST is keeping critical information (documents) from the public... information which would lead to different conclusions that those presented as the official narrative of the collapse. These documents are results of "experiments" or information from other sources such a architects, engineers, testing labs, job logs and the like.

If it's a global request... let's jae the whole ball of wax... I doubt the FOIA will be granted.
SanderO

Postby DGM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:32 pm

The link above documents the request and reasoning for not supplying the documents. In a nut shell its just too vague of a request (nothing specific) and involves hundreds of thousands of pages ( I believe just over 450K) and the costs involved in doing so would be too large for no real reason. This started in November of 2015.
DGM

Postby Oystein » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:48 pm

I don't get how legal action is helped along by a petition. Can Kawika please explain?

The main thrust seems to be that this petition (which will peter out with pathetically low numbers of signatures, like they all do, as 9/11 Truth is an issue only a tiny fringe of the deluded is still interested in) now comes along with another call for money:
https://www.change.org/f/build-a-people ... ansparency

We are raising $800,000 in five stages via Change.org Crowdfunding and will seek another $350,000 through grassroots events and committed individuals, to fund the first year of operations.

Goal 800K - for the first year?!? What the...!!!

Kawika, is that a serious expectation?

So far you got $*** from 9 individuals.
And under 900 signatures.
So 1 in 100 signers shells out money.
You have reached 0.05% of your goal after the first week of fundraising.
At that pace, it will take you 34 years to reach your target.
Of course, that pace will peter out very soon.

The first $50,000 (110 weeks/2 years of fundraising), we are told, are meant "to hire the management team and continue Freedom of Information Act appeals already begun".
This is not any new legal action, as this FOIA complaint has been around since 2015.

That FOIA request - it's a fishing expedition. You are hoping for material to spin and misrepresent. You are merely imagining that there is anything incriminating in it that might help you with further legal action.

This entire endeavour is hopelessly flawed. Perhaps some lawyers are merely out to skim you.

ETA:
Almost 5 years ago, I documented how far removed kawika's dreams about petitions are from reality:
http://oystein-debate.blogspot.de/2012/ ... -wtc7.html

A year later, I looked at a few more 9/11 Truth petitions, and found them all to be failing terribly when compared to the high-flying expectations of truthers:
oystein-debate.blogspot.de/2013/04/all-truther-petitions-fail-miserably.html

I am still today monitoring a few petitions, and also the largest of 9/11-Truth groups on Facebook. I occasionally drop a note on what I find at ISF:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... 634&page=4
Essentially, all 9/11 Truth petitions are total, absolute, abject failures - no exception.

This new one will be no exception. Kawika hasn't learned this lesson, even though I tought it to him 5 years ago already.

When will they ever learn?
Oystein

Postby DGM » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Oystein wrote:
That FOIA request - it's a fishing expedition. You are hoping for material to spin and misrepresent. You are merely imagining that there is anything incriminating in it that might help you with further legal action.

I see your reading is the same as mine. It also goes along with the reason for resistance (due to cost and relevance) that the NIST and FEMA have presented in their objections.

I see two possible rulings here.

The judge rules in favor of NIST/FEMA requireing Cole to be specific in his FOIA request. This is most likely. Basically he needs to narrow the scope.

The judge rules Cole can have the information requested as long as he pays reasonable cost to NIST/FEMA (Lots of money).
DGM

Return to WTC7