The 9/11 Forum

Intelligent and evidence-based discussion of 9/11 issues

Skip to content

v

Welcome
Welcome!

Our vision is to provide a home to sincere 9/11 researchers free from biased moderation and abusive tirades from other members.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which only gives you access to view the discussions. New registration has been temporarily enabled; take advantage of it!

NIST Whistleblower Steps Forward

New media reports, academic articles and governmental reports related to 9/11. New blog articles are discouraged unless the authors ascribe to journalistic standards.

NIST Whistleblower Steps Forward

Postby kawika » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:08 pm

A former NIST employee talks about the WTC investigation.

http://action.ae911truth.org/o/50694/t/ ... EY=1361224

Potential whistle blowers who are ready to join Mr. Ketcham can visit this site:

http://www.nisterrors.com/

Thank you in advance!
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Re: NIST Whistleblower Steps Forward

Postby SanderO » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Let's see what he knows... Doesn't seem to be the sort of person who is facile with structural engineering or materials science.

Jury is out... on his evidence,
SanderO

Postby DGM » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:37 pm

kawika wrote:
Thank you in advance!

For what? :?
DGM

Postby Major_Tom » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:55 pm

A few notes...

From the article:

Two days ago, Europhysics News released its first issue since the publication of “15 years later: On the physics of high-rise building collapses,” which has now been viewed nearly 350,000 times since its release — and which even caused the magazine's server to break down at one point.

Much interest. Many views.

Lo and behold, on page 43 is a startling and extraordinary letter to the editor by a former employee of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Peter Michael Ketcham, who worked at NIST from 1997 until 2011.

In the link to page 43 there are two comments, one of which is by Peter Ketcham. Are there other comments available? The one above the Ketcham letter gives false information. It would be interesting to read a larger collection of comments to the editor on this subject. Does anyone have access to other comments besides the two in the link? Are there many pages of comments that can be reviewed?
Major_Tom

Postby DGM » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:01 am

Major_Tom wrote: Does anyone have access to other comments besides the two in the link? Are there many pages of comments that can be reviewed?

Wouldn't it be better to see what he has to say? You know, the actually "whistle blower" stuff? The article has nothing to speak of.
DGM

Postby Major_Tom » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Major_Tom wrote:Are there other comments available?

No need. Already have them.
Major_Tom

Postby Oystein » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:20 pm

kawika claims that Mr. Ketcham is a "Whistleblower".

A whistleblower, according to Wikipedia, "is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower).

Mr. Ketcham was not involved in any way, sort or form with the WTC investigations, and as far as I can see he has no access whatsoever to any information pertaining in any way, sort or form to the WTC investigations that is not already out in the public domain.
Furthermore, he is NOT a NIST employee.

He therefore did not "expose" anything, and is not "within" the NIST organisation (and never was "within" the part of NIST that investigated the WTC), and thus he is not a whistleblower.

It is as lamentable as it is typical that kawika puts his first lie of the article already into the title.

Mr. Ketcham merely is yet another unqualified person unconnected to any 9/11 investigation who watched too many fraudulent YouTube videos and repeats the same old lies which he lapped up stupidly.

The NIST homepage currently lists 5341 "People" (https://www.nist.gov/about-nist/our-organization/people?name=&page=106) - I assume that is roughly equal to their number of employees.
Mr. Ketcham of course is a former employee, and we can guess how many former NIST employees are alive today, or how many people left NIST since 9/11/2001, or since the WTC reports came out. Another 5,000? Perhaps.

It is to be fully expected that 0.1% of people in any organisation are bat-crap crazy and believe the stupidest things. We should therefore not be surprised if even 10 former or current NIST employees believe the AE911Truth hoax. But AE doesn't even have those 10. They only have one. 0.01%.
Oystein

Postby kawika » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Admin please move this to the KILL THE MESSENGER forum. (and make Bully Boystein the honorary chairman)
LIFE!
LIBERTY!!
PROPERTY!!!
kawika

Postby Oystein » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:46 pm

LOL

Kawika is just the errand boy? Wasn't him who decided to put the false label "Whistleblower" in the thread title but his Overlords?

LOL

I am pretty confident you won't enjoy the bliss and comfort of strict Censorship here that Truther boards provide their faithful members with as long as they toe the party/denomination line.
Oystein

Postby Major_Tom » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:12 pm

I do not understand the need to express a type of hate within the posts.
Major_Tom

Postby Oystein » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:39 pm

Major_Tom wrote:I do not understand the need to express a type of hate within the posts.

I did not perceive kawika's post as hateful?
Oystein

Postby SanderO » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:34 am

hahahahaha... Oystein hello????????????????
SanderO

Postby Oystein » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:31 pm

What?
My post was scornful, kawika's repsonse frustrated and defeatist. I see no hate. The only thing I truly hate within this thread is the mannered use of the word "within" when "in" would do the job just as nicely :x
Oystein

Postby Oystein » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:29 pm

I would like to point out two things:

1.) Not even AE911Truth in their published writings call Mr. Ketcham a "whistleblower". In fact, the article that kawika links to has this quote:
Mr. Ketcham closes his stunning 500-word rebuke by calling upon NIST to “blow the whistle on itself now” ...

If you closely parse this, you will notice that both Ketcham and AE911T are hoping for whistleblowers to step forward in the future - and no insinuation is implied that Ketcham himself is one.

2.) Both Ketcham and AE911T are explicit that
a) Ketcham was not involved in the WTC investigations
b) Wasn't interested in the WTC investigations until years after he left NIST; that he thus is not, and never was, "internal" to these investigations
c) Ketcham took the information on which he built his opinion not from any internal NIST sources but from internet videos and the published reports
It is thus clear from what Ketcham states and from what AE911Truth states that he does not qualify as a whistleblower

It is because of these clear facts that I conclude that it was kawika who decided to put the word "whistleblower" in the headline contrary to the clear facts and words of Ketcham and AE911Truth. He is the inventor and publisher of this falsehood, and now that it has been pointed out to him that his news item starts off with a falsehood in the title, it is clearly his job now to retract the falsehood explicitly.
It never ceases to amaze me that Truthers NEVER EVER correct even the clearest and most egregious falsehoods they have said, even in the face of clear evidence and arguments. Instead of correcting his mistake, kawika pleaded for censorship to aide and abett his lie.

How can anyone NOT feel scornful over such lowly conduct?
Oystein

Postby SanderO » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Oystein wrote:What?
My post was scornful, kawika's repsonse frustrated and defeatist. I see no hate. The only thing I truly hate within this thread is the mannered use of the word "within" when "in" would do the job just as nicely :x

you hate that? WOW...
SanderO

Return to News